Saturday, February 1, 2014

Six




Today marks the 6th birthday of Bikes For The Rest Of Us. During those six years, we’ve posted about bikes that are useful and meet certain loose criteria set out in the first post on February 1, 2008.


Since that time, I’ve often been contacted by people seeking recommendations.  My response is always to ask them questions: What is your budget? Where are you going to ride? Is it hilly or flat? Wet or dry? What do you want to carry? (we once had an inquiry from someone who wanted to carry something very old and delicate). In those conversations, many of which you can browse through here, I was reluctant to make specific recommendations.  In my view, bicycles are a matter of personal preference. Everything from handlebars to saddles to frame geometry really depends on your preferences.


So to be clear, what I’m about to do here is entirely subjective. I am going to point out six bikes from the last six years that I thought really stood out from the rest.  I have considered your nominations in the comments and on twitter. I hope the conversation does not end here. Let me know whether you agree or disagree with the six I’ve chosen.  And always, let me know about bikes for the rest of us.



Here we go. Six bikes…

No comments: