Monday, September 16, 2013

Linus Scout

The Linus Scout. Also available in navy blue. Credit: Linus bikes
Linus offers this steel 7-speed for $545.

Linus calls this "the bike for everyone."  I prefer the phrase "bike for the rest of us," but certainly this is the bike for everyone seeking a comfortable upright ride with fenders, a chainguard, and a decent gear selection.  This looks like an update of Linus' Duchi 3-speed model, with some nice touches like double-walled rims, leather grips, and a bell.

Here are the specs:


  • Durable Hi Tensile steel frame with Chromoly down tube


  • Shimano Acera 7 speed derailleur w/ MegaRange cassette


  • Tektro dual pivot caliper brakes


  • Forged aluminum crank


  • Chainguard w/ enclosed crank


  • Double wall alloy rims with stain-less steel spokes


  • Linus Elysian tires w/ gum wall


  • Genuine leather grips


  • Mid-century alloy bell


  •  Available in 48 cm with 26" wheels or 56 cm with 700c wheels
  • 1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    I consider myself to be in the "rest of us" camp. However, my biggest challenge is finding the right "rest of us" bike for a tall person. I'm not sure any company makes step-thru frames for tall people. I'm big on having a chain guard, fenders and a rack. I want the Scout, but it's too small. Same goes for the affordable Public Bikes. Breezers are too heavy for my situation (lots of stairs). Any help?