Thursday, February 14, 2008

Sun Cayne Cykel


Cayne Cykel by Sun Bicycles. Photo by Richard Masoner. According to Richard, the Cykel retails for about $450.

Sun Bicycles of Miami has already carved out several niches for itself with well-crafted, affordable cruisers, adult tricycles (don't mock it unless you've tried it), tandems, folding bikes, and even unicycles. Now it has come out with its "Cayne" line of "urban" bikes that includes this 3-speed.

Here is the Interbike preview by Commute By Bike.

Here are the 2008 specs:

Frame: Lugged steel (52, 54, 56)
Fork: Lugged steel
Chain ring: 46T
Chain: KMC Z410 1/2" x 1/8"
Brakes: Chang Start Alloy Lever w/ resin body
Handlebar: Classic Alloy Scorcher bar
Saddle: Classic with coil springs & brass rivets
Shifter: SRAM T-3
Hub (rear): SRAM T-3 internal gear hub, 36H
Cog: 21T
Rims: Weinmann ZAC-19 Alloy rim, 700C x 36H
Tires: Kenda K-198 Eurotour 700 x 35C

If you have any feedback about the Cayne Cykel, please leave a comment.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Just traded in my Lemond for one of these and I have no complaints. Love the Dutch-style, classic green paint, and the ease with which I can get around on this thing. Perfect for Brooklyn.

neal said...

Though I have 4 bikes and one Sun EZ3 trike, there is none I own that I am more thrilled by the Cykel. The IGH 3 speed is a no maintenance, no frill, great looking nice bike. This is easily my go to bike. I'm a little surprised at it's rather light weight as Sun generally overdesigns and overkills its products. Nothing wrong with that just a sign that Sun really cares about its user. I am very pleased.